How to Use
Small Diameter Orifice Flow Meter Calculation for Gas Flow computes flowrate, orifice diameter or
differential pressure for pipe diameter < 40 mm based on equations specified in ASME MFC-14M-2001.
To start using online tool provide following data.
- Solve for - Select what is to be calculated from - Flowrate, Orifice Diameter or Pressure Drop
- Type of Tap - Select from Flange or Corner taps
- Pipe Diameter (D1) - Provide pipe diameter, it should be less than 50 mm
- Orifice Diameter (D2) - Provide orifice diameter, it should be more than 6 mm
- Pressure Drop - Provide pressure drop across orifice
- Flowrate - Provide flowrate through orifice
- Specific Heat Ratio Cp/Cv - Provide Cp/Cv Ratio for Gas
- Gas Viscosity - Provide Gas Viscosity
- Pressure - Provide inlet pressure at orifice
- Temperature - Provide inlet temperature at orifice
- Molecular Weight - Provide molecular weight of gas
Calculator will then estimate from flowrate, orifice diameter or pressure drop along with Reynold's number,
Orifice Coefficient (C) and Beta Ratio.