How to Use
Pipe Pressure Drop Calculation for Single Phase estimates pressure drop, velocity, friction factor, Reynold's number
for a single phase fluid flowing through a pipe based on Darcy–Weisbach equation. It estimates friction factor based on
Colebrook - White equation. To start calculation provide following data :
- Pipe Size (Nominal Pipe Size) - Select nominal pipe size from drop down menu.
- Sch/ Thickness - Select Schedule/ Thickness for pipe size selected above.
- Flowrate - Provide flowrate for the fluid flowing through pipe. Both volumetric and
mass flowrates can be provided, Select appropriate units in Units Tab.
- Density - Provide fluid density.
- Viscosity - Provide fluid viscosity.
- Roughness - Provide pipe roughness.
Calculator will then estimate fluid velocity, Reynold's number, Darcy's Friction factor and Pressure Drop/ 100 unit length of pipe.
For further reading visit following links: