How to Use
Insulation Heat Loss Calculation estimates heat loss for both an insulated and bare horizontal steel pipe. It also
estimates surface temperature for both cases. To start using online tool provide following data.
- Pipe Size (Nominal Pipe Size) - Select nominal pipe size from drop down menu.
- Operating Temperature - Provide operating temperature of fluid flowing through pipe.
- Ambient Temperature - Provide ambient temperature surrounding the pipe.
- Wind Speed - Provide the wind speed.
- Select the insulation type from drop down menu.
- Surface Emmittance - Select outer jacket material for insulation.
- Thickness - Provide insulation thickness in inches.
Calculator will then estimate surface temperature and heat loss for both insulated and bare pipe.