How to Use
Batch Reactor Heating & Cooling Calculation estimates time required to heat or cool
reaction mass in a jacketed batch reactor. Jacket utility can be isothermal like steam or non-isothermal like cooling water.
To start using online tool provide following data.
- Heating/ Cooling - Select type of heating/ cooling from Isothermal (e.g. steam) and Non Isothermal (e.g. Cooling Water)
- Mass (M) - Provide Reaction Mass in Batch Reactor
- Initial Temperature (t1) - Provide Inital temperature of Reaction Mass.
- Final Temperature (t2) - Provide Final temperature of Reaction Mass.
- Specific Heat (Cm) - Provide Specific Heat of Reaction Mixture.
- Area (A) - Provide Heat Transfer Area for Batch Reactor.
- Heat Transfer Coefficient (U) - Provide Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient for the Reactor. It can be obtained from literature for the type of
reaction mass and heating/cooling utility.
- Inlet Temperature (T1) - Provide Inlet temperature of Jacket Fluid.
- Specific Heat (Cj) - Provide Specific Heat of Jacket Fluid.
- Flow Rate (W) - Provide Flow Rate for the Jacket Fluid.
Calculator will then estimate time required for Heating/ Cooling using following equations -
Non Isothermal : ln((T1 - t1)/(T1 - t2)) =
((W.Cj)/(M.Cm))*((K - 1)/K)*
time, where K = e(U.A)/(W.Cj)
Isothermal : ln((T1 - t1)/(T1 - t2)) =