How to Use
Air Cooled Heat Exchanger Sizing does the preliminary estimation of Finned Area, Plot Size, Total Fan Power, Air Outlet Temperature for
an Air Cooler or Condenser.
To start using online tool provide following data.
- Type - Select type of air exchanger from air cooler and condenser.
- Heat Duty - Provide overall heat duty for air cooled heat exchanger.
- U Value - Provide an estimate of Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient (U). For various process fluids, U Value
can be obtained from literature.
- Temperatures - Provide Process side Inlet and Outlet temperatures along with air side inlet temperature.
- Tube Pass - Select Tube pass from drop down menu.
- Tube Length - Provide standard tube lengths eg In feet - 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30.
Calculator will then calculate Air Outlet temperature, corrected LMTD, Finned Area, Plot Size and Fan Power for Air Cooled Heat Exchanger.